Demanding, rolled winter hiking trail with a beautiful view of the mountains from Oberreute into the neighbouring Austrian village Sulzberg.
Distance 3.1 km
The trail begins directly at the ski lift towards the well "Kalter Brunnen". First it's more increasing, afterwards it becomes less increasing. The winter hiking trail leads you parallel to the cross-country ski trail in some sections. However, please don't walk on the cross-country track. It will take you approx. 40 minutes to reach the "Hochsträß". You can connect with the Sulzberg winter hiking trail. An incomparable mountain panorama is the reward for the exhausting ascent.
Update: October 29, 2018
Tips and hintsTourist office Oberreute, Hauptstr. 34, 88179 Oberreute, Tel. 08387-1233, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.oberreute.de
32T 571039 5267706
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view