The Fürstensteig Trail and the path over the Three Sisters are two famous hiking routes in Liechtenstein’s high mountains. An unforgettable adventure suitable only for sure-footed walkers with a good head for heights.
Distance 11.9 km
The Fürstensteig Trail and the path over the Three Sisters are two famous hiking routes in Liechtenstein’s high mountains connected by an exposed ridgetop track offering majestic views of the surroundings. The Kuhgrat at 2123 metres is the highest point of the hike. It offers sweeping vistas taking in the peaks and valleys of both Liechtenstein itself and the neighbouring countries of Switzerland and Austria.
The tour can be done in both directions.
A: Bypass the Fürstensteig Trail via Bargellasattel ridge
B: Bypass the Three Sisters via Garsella Alpe/Garsella Eck
Accommodation and meals at the Gafadurahütte (approx. from mid May to mid October).
Update: August 10, 2020
32T 541288 5221092
Author’s map recommendations
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view