Distance 4.7 km
Fußach, In der Schanz Lagoon - In der Schanz The entire Lake Constance shore in the Rhine delta is a conservation area so it has become an important protected habitat for many species of bird. It is particularly between late summer and spring that the extent becomes apparent to which the lagoon and the bays near the mouth of the Rhine are used as resting grounds by migrating birds.
The RheinSchauen Museum in Lustenau provides an excellent overview of how the Rhine is being regulated. Information: Verein Rheinschauen T +43 (0)5577/20539, www.rheinschauen.at
AuthorHelmut Tiefenthaler und Rudolf Mayerhofer
Update: October 13, 2020
ParkingWanderparkplatz (parking lot for walkers) just before vehicle access is prohibited.
32T 550345 5260259
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view