Starting at Sücka, the trail to Rappenstein is also accessible half way up, on the right side of the Samina Valley, via Alpelti and Gapfahl.
Hikers follow the marked track (blue-white route) to the Falknis (distance: 4.4 kms / elevation difference: 830 m). This trail is for experienced hikers only (sure-footedness and head for heights is essential).
Berggasthaus Sücka mountain in (mid-June until mid-September)
Author’s map recommendations
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.