The Rheintal (Rhine Valley) cycle path leads from Bregenz to Feldkirch along the shores of Lake Constance and the River Rhine’s embankment.
Distance 47.4 km
This popular cycling classic is suitable for both leisure cyclists and the more ambitious. Many beautiful places to take a dip – some where it’s even possible to enjoy a barbecue – are dotted along the Alter Rhein and the shores of Lake Constance. This route acquaints visitors with the Rhine in all its facets – the Rhine floodplains and the Alte Rhein (Old Rhine) as a popular local area of recreation and a habitat with varied fauna and flora.
Make the most of the tailwind and start the bike trip from Feldkirch to Lake Constance in the morning! The wind shifts in the afternoon and makes the return journey easier. Swimming gear and towels are a must because there are idyllic spots for taking a dip along the way.
Update: December 09, 2021
32T 556325 5261668
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view