Discover the most beautiful gardens on Lake Constance on three different tours
Distance 173.1 km
Monastic charms of herbs, an ocean of flowers on an island or baroque pleasure gardens – on Lake Constance’s Garden Cycle Tours every garden lover will come to his expense. Perfect for everybody’s level: choose out of three different tour suggestions, each of them starting in Constance: the “tour around Constance”, “tour on the German shore” and the “tour on the Swiss shore” offer ambitious diversity for everybody’s taste.
Lake Constance gardens move with the seasons and are always worth a visit.
AuthorInternationale Bodensee Tourismus GmbH
Update: January 30, 2019
Safety informationThe cycle paths don't pose any particular and significant safety risks.
Tips and hints
Get further information here:
Internationale Bodensee Tourismus GmbH
or at www.bodensee.eu/en
Getting thereLake Constance lies in the heart of Europe. Many motorways lead directly here: The A81 and A96 in Germany, A14 in Austria, A1, A4, A7 and A13 in Switzerland. Caution: on the motorways in Austria and Switzerland a tax sticker (“Vignette”) is required. Lake Constance can be reached by direct connections from many cities: from Karlsruhe, Munich and Stuttgart in Germany. From Zurich, Basel and Innsbruck in Switzerland and Austria. Lots of long distance bus lines offer direct connections from numerous European cities to e.g. Constance, Friedrichshafen, Lindau, Bregenz and St. Gallen.
32T 513281 5278405
EquipmentWe recommend a roadworthy bike and cycling equipment. A daypack or saddlebags are useful. There are lots of hosts along the way indulging hungry travellers with their regional cooking.
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view